Monday 11 October 2010

Onen hag Oll, Kernow bys vyckan!



Onen hag Oll, Kernow bys vyckan! One and all, Cornwall forever!

I'm not one to be Politically motivated and I never really want to push whatever Political views I may have onto anyone. But recent news from home has stirred me up a bit.

I am Cornish, no matter where I am and who I am talking to I always make a point of correcting them if they say I am English, or as it happens right now in Australia a 'Pom!' I was born and bred in Cornwall and have roots that span many generations. I am Cornish and I am very proud of it.

I have always held onto the view that Cornwall should be ruled by the Cornish and not by London, Westminster. I feel we should have been united many years ago very much like the Welsh and Scottish have been able to do and create our own Parliament. But I also realise that this is easier said than done. Cornwall has for to long been the playground for the English rich and with the ever decreasing number of the young Cornish generations being able to stay in Cornwall and create a life for themselves due to ever increasing house prices, lack of career orientated jobs and the ever increasing amount of Emit (holiday makers) bullshit we have to put up with it scares me to think that Cornwall is slowly being choked of it culture and distinctiveness to suit other cultures' needs.

I feel that Cornwall has been ignored by England and it is being neglected by it's own people. We should be fighting to keep our Culture alive. Schools should be teaching the Cornish language, Cornish people should speak up and fight for what is rightfully theirs and London should be paying attention to Cornwalls Political and Economical abilities.

The problem is that us Cornish are a carefree bunch, we bumble along happy in the knowledge that we are unique and that we are recognised as such, well England doesn't recognise us and i am asking you all to do a little research into Cornwall so you know where i come from and why i am slightly different... click here

The reason for this post is it seems that the English Government has decided it wants to merge parts of Devon and Cornwall, two very different areas with their own unique Cultures. This would undermine Cornish heritage and lead the way to breaking Cornwall apart. Even if you are not Cornish or living in Cornwall I ask you to just take a minute to write a comment on this site...

Keep Cornwall Whole

Merastawhye ha comero weeth na ra whye gara an vorr goth rag an vorr noweth coweth wheag.
Thank you and take care that you don't leave the old road for the new road dear friend.

No comments: